Saturday, October 17, 2009

Another Adventure

Yesterday I had the privilege of going to Bethel Beach with some lovely people and had such a great time!
I didn't know what to expect exactly, but thats ok, I like suprises =)
We walked up a path to a sand dune.  Uh huh, in the middle of rolling green hills.  It was so funny, and there was a film crew filming what we later found out to be for the show "Seekers".  We were asked to walk around the sand plateau so that they could continue to film =).
So we keep walking through the sand, trying to not fall because we are on the edge of the thing so we wouldnt be in the way, and I realized that the sand was black. It was different, I was told it was because there were iron and other metals in it. I actually had my camera in my pocket at one point and pulled it out to find little magnetized sand particals stuck to the battery part of my camera.

So we get to part A of our journey, which was a very very steep sand dune with water at the bottom.  Then my adventurous friends start sliding down it on boogie boards. Yeah.  It was so funny! They didnt go very fast because the sand was wet, but it was hysterical to watch =) It was sooo steep so I didnt want to do it at first, but I was told I had to (thank you Sara).  It ended up begin fun the second time =)

Then we walked on ahead to a little cove between the hills that had a hidden lake in it.  It was so pretty! There were green hills and tree covered hills and blue skies and a mountain of sand, and then a lovely little lake. It was so much fun, being in good company on an adventure.


Then we walked back across the 'sand plateau' and the film crew were finishing up by that time and rolling out.  We got in the car and drove a bit to another sandy path.  This one lead to a beach! It was such a gorgeous beach, again with black sand.  There were a few people walking and running and many had their dogs with them.  The sun was near to its setting stage, but we had the most beautiful hour or so to explore the beach.  There were rock precipices on either side, and a big rock formation on one side, which some of us climbed.  The view out onto the ocean and the setting sun was so unbelievably breathtaking.  I felt so alive, such a part of God's glorious creation.  I felt like I belonged there.  I dont know if that sounds crazy, but I dont really care, it was magnificant.  I could have stayed in that one place on top of that rock for hours listening to the crashing waves and watching the calm yet brilliant display before me. 
















Bella Nota

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! That sounds like SOOO much fun!!! And it looks so beautiful!!! I continue to be so excited for you Hannah!! I'm glad this "adventure" is such a blessing to you!

    ReplyDelete