Friday, December 4, 2009

Back Again



Here I am once again in my cozy little room at home in Indiana. Its amazing to think about all of the things God helped me to accomplish this semester.  I had so many adventures while in NZ, met some awesome people, and grew in my teaching skills.  I am so unbelieveably grateful that I was able to go, and that God was with me every step of the way. I am sad my time there is over, and will miss my friends, some students, the beach, beautiful scenery, and the warm weather.  I am glad to see my family, friends, my dogs, my violin, and am ready to graduate.  I am also thankful for the Christmas season here, I dont think it would ever be the same in 70 degree weather =)

I cannot sum up why I wanted to teach in NZ or even one main reason that I am glad I went.  I am grateful for all of it; the process before I got there, and the process in me while I was there.  I do know that it was a God thing that I was there, and I know that I was used to change students' lives and people I met were used to changed mine.  I cant help think of the song from the musical Wicked: because I knew you, I have been changed for good. I also thought of the song that some of the kids sang in choir at Tamaki, Believe: "I can do anything at all, I can climb the highest mountain, I can feel the ocean calling wild and free, I can be anything I want with this strength to guide me onward, if I can just believe in me."

I miss you New Zealand, I will be back someday.

~The rest of my life starts now.~

No comments:

Post a Comment